Feb 7, 2017
In Episode #191, Eric and Neil discuss how to hire an SEO
agency. What questions should you ask? What are great signs that
prove the agency is and will be successful? Tune in to learn how to
investigate a great SEO agency and why it’s worth doing your due
diligence before you make that hire.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Hire an SEO Agency
- 00:46 – Always look at referrals
- 01:11 – A referral is the first line of offense and
- 01:25 – Look at the previous work of the SEO agency
- 01:50 – Before hiring an agency, ask them the changes they’d
make to your website
- 02:02 – You can also ask what’s wrong with your website and how
much traffic they can generate for you
- 02:40 – Ask the agency their process:
- 02:48 – Each agency is different
- 03:35 – Look at organic traffic and organic conversion
- 04:00 – There should be alignment from the get go
- 04:07 – Ask the agency to explain their expertise
- 04:50 – See what tools the agency uses internally
- 05:35 – Check for references
- 06:15 – Ask the agency for their rankings and results for their
- 06:30 – Some agencies don’t rank well
- 07:06 – If they can rank their own website, there’s a greater
chance that they can rank you
- 07:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Referrals are a great way to see how the SEO agency has
performed in the past.
- If an SEO agency can rank their own website well, chances are
they can do it for you, too.
- Do your due diligence with the agency you’re about to hire –
you’ll be working with them for quite some time.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.