Jul 27, 2018
In episode #726, Eric and Neill
discuss ways to grow your marketing through partnerships. Tune in
to hear what makes a great partnership.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Grow Your Marketing
- [00:40] Partnerships can be
collaborating with SEO software and doing joint webinars or doing
an affiliate partnership.
- [01:06] Neil thinks a
partnership means a win-win, where everyone benefits from the
- [01:33] When doing collabs, if
what you are promoting for the partner doesn’t meet your audience’s
needs or interests, nothing will come of this joint
- [02:01] Neil has over 100,000
YouTube subscribers. If someone who wanted to partner with him only
had 2000, he would decline.
- [02:22] If you have a small
amount of followers, you need to up the ante to make it worth your
partner’s while (payment, etc.).
- [03:00] However, most
partnerships will not be equal.
- [03:15] Figure out what you can
leverage and how the partnership would be beneficial.
- [03:40] Joint webinars are a
great way to partner up with other companies and
- [04:15] Virtual conferences
have hit Neil up for email blasts, but he didn’t do it, because the
numbers didn’t move him.
- [05:00] Neil and Eric both do
- [05:34] When Eric was at
Treehouse, to get started, they made a partnerships
- [05:50] Neil thinks when you’re
starting out, bundling is a great way to create a mutually
- [06:18] Use AppSumo, which is a place that runs promotions or
- [06:38] Be careful with
AppSumo, though: they take a percentage from what you
- [07:06] That’s all for
- [07:08] If you could take
two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening
experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters
to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: