Jul 29, 2017
In Episode #363, Eric and Neil discuss how to get more traffic
from Google News. Eric is currently going through the process of
what it takes to be featured on Google News. He breaks down the
requirements of Google News as well as the BENEFITS for your
company to be featured by this incredible source.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Traffic From Google
- 00:37 – Google News
is an incredible place where you can be featured
- 01:00 – Being featured as a company will drive more
- 01:10 – You have to pass certain requirements in order to be
- 01:23 – You need unique URLS
- 01:33 – You need HTML articles
- 01:43 – They don’t accept audio files
- 01:46 – Create a Google news site map
- 01:54 – Eric is currently in the process of going through the
Google News’ requirements
- 02:00 – They use Yoast
- 02:18 – For Google News, you need to write content that is
broad in scope
- 02:25 – If you do an article about Google, your traffic will
- 02:40 – The more broad the article is coupled with a higher
click-through rate, the more people will tend to keep reading and
generate more traffic
- 02:55 – Marketing
School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which helps you increase
your conversion rate
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Being featured on Google News WILL drive more traffic to your
- Write articles with topics that are broad in scope and which
lead to high click-through rate.
- Do your best to comply to every one of the requirements needed
to be featured on Google News.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.