Jan 27, 2017
In Episode #180, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get started
with affiliate marketing. What is affiliate marketing and how can
this benefit your brand and company? Tune in to find out how
to be successful in affiliate marketing and the essential
guidelines for setting it up.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Started with
- 00:35 – Affiliate marketing is performance marketing
- 01:10 – The commission will depend on the industry and
- 01:39 – Affiliate marketing is getting other marketers to push
- 01:47 –
Affiliate Marketing One Hour a Day by Evgenii
- 02:06 – It’s about the traffic you can get and what you can
promote that is relevant to the offer
- 02:52 – You can also do paid advertising
- 03:05 – Cheap traffic sources are Facebook and Pinterest
- 03:26 – LeadDyno and
Getambassador are great
- 04:07 – Have specific guidelines set up so your brand won’t get
destroyed by the affiliate
- 04:25 – Go to any popular affiliate network and see what offers
convert the best
- 04:52 – If your conversions are not done right, you’re not
going to have any revenue
- 05:24 – In Clickbanks,their metrics helps you
guide your conversion
- 05:48 – Credit Karma
tells you the credit score
- 06:00 – TPG or The Points
Guy is doing affiliate marketing really well
- 06:27 – Make sure that whatever you do in affiliate marketing,
it’s for the long term
- 06:34 – Look for long-term legitimate companies and not shady
- 06:56 – Use Pretty Link which
is a Wordpress plugin to cloak your links
- 07:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Affiliate marketing is performance marketing.
- Look for companies you can work with for the long term—don’t
fall for shady affiliates that can possibly ruin your brand.
- Get your conversions right—do the work to understand everything
you can about affiliate marketing.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.