In Episode #178, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get sales and marketing to work together. Sales and marketing are a vital part of your company whose roles/tasks are mutually dependent on one another. Therefore, it’s wise to get these teams collaborating. Tune in to find out the benefits of having these two teams work together and how to streamline the communication process.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Sales and Marketing to Work Together
- 00:48 – Get both teams together to brainstorm great content and blog post ideas
- 01:07 – Objections can also be answered and conversion rates can go up
- 01:14 – Collaboration is key and people like to work together
- 01:35 – “Most sales organizations are data driven”
- 02:15 – Automate as much as possible
- 02:19 – Improve and keep adjusting the funnel
- 02:40 – Analyze the presentation and be analytical
- 03:16 – Marketing can have a clear understanding of how they can help sales and sales should start closing more
- 03:25 – Use Amplemarket on Slack to see the individuals or leads that are coming in
- 03:43 – Use Clearbit to plug in all your leads and have your sales team crystalize your leads
- 03:54 – Consider this as your Inbound SDR (Sales Development Rep)
- 04:08 – You can use InsideSales that integrates with Salesforce so that you can call people back within 5 minutes
- 04:27 – Have a monthly talk or evaluation about which platform works best
- 04:50 – Have a marketing automation tool like InfusionSoft, Marketo and HubSpot to understand your customer’s experience
- 05:33 – Teams working together gets easier as you do it
- 05:40 – Have a process that works long-term
- 05:45 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make room for your teams to collaborate—that exchange of ideas can lead to great content.
- Take advantage of the online tools that help create a smoother workflow.
- Working together gets easier the more you do it, so integrate a process that works long-term.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: