Jan 25, 2017
In Episode #178, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get sales and
marketing to work together. Sales and marketing are a vital part of
your company whose roles/tasks are mutually dependent on one
another. Therefore, it’s wise to get these teams collaborating.
Tune in to find out the benefits of having these two teams work
together and how to streamline the communication process.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Sales and Marketing
to Work Together
- 00:48 – Get both teams together to brainstorm great content and
blog post ideas
- 01:07 – Objections can also be answered and conversion rates
can go up
- 01:14 – Collaboration is key and people like to work
- 01:35 – “Most sales organizations are data driven”
- 02:15 – Automate as much as possible
- 02:19 – Improve and keep adjusting the funnel
- 02:40 – Analyze the presentation and be analytical
- 03:16 – Marketing can have a clear understanding of how they
can help sales and sales should start closing more
- 03:25 – Use Amplemarket on Slack to
see the individuals or leads that are coming in
- 03:43 – Use Clearbit to
plug in all your leads and have your sales team crystalize your
- 03:54 – Consider this as your Inbound SDR (Sales Development
- 04:08 – You can use InsideSales
that integrates with Salesforce so that you can call people back
within 5 minutes
- 04:27 – Have a monthly talk or evaluation about which platform
- 04:50 – Have a marketing automation tool like InfusionSoft, Marketo and HubSpot to understand your
- 05:33 – Teams working together gets easier as you do it
- 05:40 – Have a process that works long-term
- 05:45 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make room for your teams to collaborate—that exchange of ideas
can lead to great content.
- Take advantage of the online tools that help create a smoother
- Working together gets easier the more you do it, so integrate a
process that works long-term.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.