Aug 18, 2016
In Episode #18 Eric and Neil talk about how to get people to
open up your emails. They’ll teach you how to up your open rates
and avoid the spam folder.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – How to get more people to open up your email.
- 00:50 – Don’t just test the subject line
- 01:05 – The sender name makes a huge impact
- 02:10 – Use a person’s name or a company name
- 02:30 – What are good open rates?
- 02:40 – Look at unique opens.
- 03:00 – Don’t let your open rates drop under 20%
- 03:20 – Remove people who aren’t opening your emails for
- 03:40 – Don’t waste money sending emails to people who aren’t
- 04:00 – Maropost and
- 04:15 – An email hack
- 04:25 – Put emojis in your subject line to get people’s
- 05:00 – Lower-cased, casual subject lines
- 05:50 – Examples of good subject lines
- 07:00 – Personalized subject lines, using the first name
- 07:40 – It makes it more relevant
- 09:10 – Doing something that makes you stand out
- 09:25 – Watch out for being marked as spam
- 10:20 – See you tomorrow at our next episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t let your open rate fall below 20%.
- Look at your subject line as well as the sender name that you
- Make your subject line unique and personal.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.