Aug 20, 2018
In episode #750, Eric and Neil
discuss how you can get more traffic just by making your site load
quickly. Tune in to hear how you can speed up your
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Get More Traffic From
The Google Page Speed Update
- [00:55] Page speed has always
been a factor, but now they are rolling out page speed algorithm
- [01:45] Eric’s site was run
through GTMetrix to show him what was slowing it
- [02:21] He then cleaned up the
slow parts and tested out the site again.
- [02:48] He got a substantial
bump in visitors once he sped up his site.
- [03:25] Neil uses
Google AMP and MaxCDN to make sure his site loads quickly and is
routing through local servers across the globe.
- [03:45] Neil’s site also uses
lazy loading, so things load as you scroll.
- [04:07] Make sure to compress
- [04:30] Bad code will ruin a
- [04:53] Make sure to make the
most of what you already have instead of chasing new, shiny
- [05:34] That’s it for
- [05:38] If you could take two
minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening
experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters
to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: