Jan 27, 2018
In episode #545, Eric and Neil discuss how to access influential
people in your space. Tune in to hear some tips on reaching out to
people, getting their attention, and building a relationship.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get Access to Influential
- [00:35] First and foremost, start a podcast!
- [00:50] Have a unique spin on what you’re doing.
- [01:32] When Eric started, he would spend six hours per week on
the podcast only to get 9-30 downloads per day.
- [02:07] However, it helped Eric to build his network.
- [02:26] Interviewing people will make it a little harder to
build a business relationship after the fact.
- [03:14] If you don’t get respect, you can’t call on people for
- [03:30] Offer your services to people to gain respect.
- [04:28] People often offer to work for free just to make a
- [05:28] Figure out a person’s interests to work a better angle
to establish a relationship.
- [06:22] A YouTube marketer offered Neil a way to gain more
- [07:22] Now, the marketer is a friend and network connection of
- [07:50] It’s easy to find a person’s email (try Hunter.io).
- [08:02] Take a risk and email people offering them something
you think they would need.
- [08:43] That’s all for today!
- [08:45] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway
for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: