Nov 14, 2016
In Episode #106 Eric and Neil talks about how you can speed up
the slow growing traffic on your blog. Listen to learn their tips
for boosting traffic, and why sometimes it isn’t your content
that’s the problem, but the code base on your website.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Fix Your Slow Growing Blog
- 00:46 – Publish more content!
- 01:21 – Pay people to make content
- 01:52 – The problem might be your internal structure and how
you’re cross linking
- 02:18 – Link to your cornerstone content
- 02:31 – Use Google Search
Console to look at the pages
- 02:55 – The depth of your content has to be longer
- 03:31 – You can add more value to your content
- 03:42 – Look at the code base too
- 05:00 – Neil’s friend from Goodreads added new servers
- 05:30 – Check out Google Page
Speed or PingDom to know
what makes your website slow
- 05:44 – Use a CDN Content Delivery Network
- 06:09 – Go to Twitter and search articles
- 06:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create more content or pay people to help you out.
- If the problem isn’t your website or your content, it must be
your internal structure.
- If you link all relevant phrases to your cornerstone key pieces
of content, you’ll notice over time your rankings go up.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.