May 4, 2019
In episode #1007, we discuss how
to effectively balance multiple projects at the same time. Tune in
to hear how we balance so many things.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the
details on this
website if you would
like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people,
so sign up now, if you’re interested!
DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to
Effectively Balance Multiple Projects at the Same Time
- [00:45] We blog, podcast, run
- [00:54] Most of our time is
spent on marketing initiatives, but we are able to balance all this
with our other duties.
- [01:21] Eric is working on his
- [02:10] It’s harder to make
things work together when they are not all in the same
- [02:35] Try to limit the
industries in which you work.
- [03:10] Neil knows who on his
team is good at a specific task, so he assigns each person a
- [03:35] His team members are
creative and this is helpful.
- [04:45] Someone came up with a
concept on how to allocate resources at Google:
- [05:03] 70% of your time should
be spent on revenue generating activities.
- [05:10] 20% of your time should
be spent on adjacent activities.
- [05:24] 10% of your time should
be spent on moon-shots (things that are long-shots and less likely
to be successful, but should they work, would prove
- [06:02] That’s it for
- [06:05] Don’t forget to check
out Single Grain for more info about our free live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: