Mar 11, 2017
In Episode #223, Eric and Neil discuss how to do an SEO to a
tiny website that doesn’t have any visitors or money. When starting
with very little, it can a daunting task to draw people to your
website. Tune in to find out that there is hope—there are small,
tangible actions you can take to increase your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How To Do SEO On a Tiny Website That
Doesn’t Have Any Visitors or Money
- 00:45 – As a tiny website, you can’t compete with the big ones,
so pick a niche
- 00:57 – Choose a niche that is not too broad
- 01:30 – Start with content
- 01:40 – Focus on content and start building relationships with
- 02:13 – Make your content in-depth
- 02:30 – Apple and Google started small
- 03:00 – Take things slow and easy
- 03:17 – Don’t focus on the number of pages, but quality
- 03:32 – When you have a detailed article, reach out with people
in a similar niche
- 03:36 – Go to Ahrefs and put in your
website’s URL—it will tell you about your competition
- 04:20 – Growth Everywhere’s affiliate link with Ahrefs
- 04:30 – Use BuzzSumo and
Pitchbox for link outreach
- 05:04 – Think of Wikipedia as inspiration
- 05:40 – Go to Single Grain to find the 1 million backlink
studies they performed on
- 05:58 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Start small – don’t think about conquering the world.
- Pick a niche where you know you will do well.
- Create well-detailed content and do a link outreach – this will
increase your visitors significantly.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.