Dec 11, 2018
In episode #863, we discuss how
to do internal linking. Tune in to hear how to do it the right
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Do Internal Linking The
- [00:35] Neil has seen people
overuse this technique: putting rich anchor text in the
- [01:00] A lot of people put
rich anchor text in the footer, but if you overdo that, you will
get hit with a penalty.
- [01:25] Be more selective with
this particular tactic.
- [01:45] Create content around
- [02:25] If you look at Zappos,
they structure their site really well.
- [02:45] Each category page
leads to further, more specific categories.
- [02:55] This is great, because
it has a logical flow that makes it easy for Search Spider to crawl
- [03:25] Make sure your sitemap
- [03:50] Interlinking throughout
your content is a successful tactic.
- [04:24] That’s it for
- [04:30] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million
downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: