Oct 5, 2016
In Episode #66, Neil and Eric sit down to discuss the
fundamentals of effective keyword research. They’ll talk about what
tools you should use, why your focus should be on the quality of
your content than the quality of your keywords, and how heavy,
thoughtful blogging can seriously amplify your website ranking.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Do Effective Keyword
- 00:52 – Eric recommends
Google Keyword Finder
- 01:22 – Neil uses Ahrefs
- 02:01 – Ahrefs shows you keywords your competitor gets traffic
for and their rough rankings
- 03:15 – Create better content using Brian Dean’s Skyscraper
- 03:32 – Optimize title tags
- 03:49 – Ahrefs added new features
- 03:52 – Content gap analysis
- 04:16 – Two free tools: Ubersuggest and Google Trends
- 05:15 – Don’t over analyze with keywords
- 05:29 – Traffic doesn’t come from just one keyword
- 05:55 – Neil and Eric are heavy on blogging
- 06:48 – Don’t just think about the keyword, think about the
content you should be writing
- 07:01 – Quora
- 07:11 – Twitter
- 07:17 – The importance of long-tail keywords
- 08:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Creating better content will help you rank.
- It’s easy to over analyze keywords.
- Great keywords—even long-tail keywords—aren’t going to be a
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.