Nov 26, 2017
In Episode #483, Eric and Neil
discuss how to do content marketing if you’re in a boring industry.
Tune in to learn how you can use other forms of content like video,
make content that is either fun or useful, find out what is
popular, and build a brand over time.
- [00:29] - Today's topic: How
to Do Content Marketing if You’re in a Boring
- [00:34] - Squatty Potty in 2015 did $20
million in sales on Shark Tank.
- [00:58] - They spent $600,000 on
a fun video with a unicorn pooping out rainbows.
- [01:24] - Content marketing can
be video too.
- [01:29] - Use BuzzSumo to see what is popular.
Education and helping other people is sexy.
- [01:50] - Your content just has
to be helpful and people will link back to you.
- [02:03] - The Points Guy talks about credit
cards and miles.
- [02:26] - The only way to build
a brand is to provide value to people.
- [03:00] - How Neil couldn't find
a good article on how to install a bidet. Some people may think it
is boring, but if the content is helpful you can do
- [03:35] - Just look at How to Tie a
Tie the number one result is very useful which is sexy at the
- [04:01] - Look at the
opportunities and what is performing no matter what niche you are
- [04:11] - That's it for
- [04:14] - Marketing School is giving away a
90-day FREE trial to Crazy
Egg which is a visual analytics tool.
- [04:23] - Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to
get your FREE copy.
- [04:30] - You can also learn how
to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
- What should we talk
about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this
episode? If so, please leave a short