Nov 6, 2018
In episode #828, we discuss how
to deal with Google’s algorithm. Tune in to hear what you can do if your traffic
slows down because of changes to the algorithm.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Deal With Google's Ever
- [01:17] When traffic tanks,
Neil likes to check Search Engine Roundtable.
- [01:22] Also check out forums
like BlackHatWorld to see what the chatter is.
- [01:40] Unless you see huge
tanks, there is not much you can do.
- [01:52] The most important
thing you can do is diversity your traffic.
- [02:10] This will put you ahead
of the game, instead of dealing with problems after your traffic
- [02:40] When Gmail released the
“Promotions” tab, Facebook saw a dip in traffic, because their
emails were getting sorted out of the inbox.
- [03:25] CYA and diversify right
out of the gate.
- [03:45] Even when things are
going well, it can’t last forever.
- [04:18] The people who
typically get hit by changing algorithms are people who don’t focus
- [04:37] Every year, you should
be updating your content.
- [05:30] Look at data from
different sources to determine if action is necessary.
- [05:42] Overall, having an
omni-channel approach is key.
- [06:00] Don’t just assume
you’ve been penalized when your traffic slows.
- [06:11] That’s all for
- [06:17] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million
downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: