Oct 26, 2016
In Episode #87 Neil and Eric highlight how you can deal with
Google updates. Listen to learn why not all slide-down in
traffic is because of algorithms, why you don’t have to worry when
there’s an update, and the importance of having a checklist in case
there is an update.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to deal with Google
- 00:35 – Neil doesn’t deal with updates
- 01:01 – Stick to creating a website that’s best for the user
- 01:13 – Don’t worry about specific updates
- 01:17 – Dealing with the updates if you have a negative traffic
- 01:21 – MozCast talks about
- 01:45 – If you have a traffic drop, check where you need to
- 02:51 – Check Ahrefs if you
have any bad links
- 02:56 – Moz and Majestic break down which links are
- 03:04 – Read your content and analyze
- 03:26 – Make sure you have a holistic strategy
- 04:23 – Make sure you have other leverage points
- 04:34 – Drop from traffic doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an
- 06:42 – Make sure your processes are documented
- 06:48 – Google traffic update checklist so you know what to
- 07:18 – Search engines and social media platforms all have
- 07:31 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You don’t have to worry about updates when you’re doing nothing
- A slide in traffic doesn’t mean it’s because of new
- Get a checklist and have a back-up plan in place.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.