Nov 29, 2017
In Episode #486, Eric and Neil discuss how to create the perfect
“About” page. Tune in to learn how to have an About page that
resonates with people through storytelling, connecting emotionally,
and giving readers next steps to follow.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:28] - Today's topic: How to Create the Perfect About
- [00:35] - The Single Grain About page
describes our process, who we have contributed to, and our core
- [01:12] - Neil's About
page is a story. Storytelling is one of the most powerful forms
- [01:21] - Create a story with an emotional punch and you are
more likely to convert those people into customers.
- [01:44] - Also give next steps about what people should do
after reading your story.
- [02:30] - The story needs to resonate with people.
- [02:49] - Neil's About page used to have an image of Neil and
things he liked, such as tacos.
- [03:16] - Think about how to connect and resonate with
- [03:25] - We speak at conferences to connect with people and
find their story.
- [03:35] - That's it for today!
- [03:37] - Marketing
School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual
analytics tool. Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to
get your FREE copy.
- [03:49] - You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription
to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: