Jul 27, 2017
In Episode #361, Eric and Neil discuss how to create engaging
Instagram story ads. Instagram is an effective tool that can be
leveraged for your marketing strategy, but you need to know
how to use it right. Tune in to learn how you construct an
effective Instagram story and why Instagram is more
beneficial for increasing brand awareness than it is for ROI.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create Engaging Instagram
- 00:55 – Instagram story ads are the ads that pop up in between
- 01:04 – Instagram story
ads are similar to Snapchat
- 01:15 – The only time that Eric watched an Instagram story ad
was when it was from Brendon
- 01:21 – Brendon made his story ad look like the usual Instagram
- 01:38 – It was a selfie video where Brendon was teaching
- 01:58 – Target who you need and want
- 02:33 – Your conversion will go up if you’re targeting the
- 02:40 – Most ads aren’t relevant to a person’s profile
- 02:58 – It is more advantageous for you to try and get 10K
followers and above
- 03:11 – The swipe-up option is powerful and you can push people
directly to your website
- 03:18 – Every Instagram ad needs to run for a long time for it
to be effective
- 03:27 – Instagram is more for branding
- 03:42 – Marketing
School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Olark which is a live chat software
- 03:56 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:59 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444 for those in the US
- 04:04 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Any ad on Instagram needs a long period of time to work,
there’s no instant ROI.
- Create Instagram story ads that are natural and don’t feel or
look like an ad at all.
- Stay relevant to your target profiles.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.