In Episode #277, Eric and Neil highlight how to create an SEO-friendly homepage for your website. Tune in to learn how your homepage can bring a cornucopia of traffic to your entire website and why you have to spend more time thinking strategically about conversions.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create an SEO-Friendly Homepage
- 00:39 – “Your homepage is going to be the most-trafficked on your site”
- 00:47 – Your homepage has to be good for Google and for users
- 01:00 – Keep in mind the overall theme of your site
- 01:20 – Make sure your website loads fast, link your major pages to your homepage, include an attractive title tag
- 01:29 – Mention your brand under the title tag because it helps with search engine rankings
- 01:40 – The concept of internal linking
- 01:42 – The SEO-friendly homepages where you will use internal linking
- 01:49 – The clicks that you have on the homepage will be passed on to your other important pages
- 02:07- If you’re ranking for your homepage keywords, work on those keywords in creating new sentences
- 02:27 – If you link relevant links from your homepage, you can increase your traffic
- 02:41 – In Episode 252 (How to Maximize Your SERP Real Estate), this was also discussed
- 02:47 – Eric is trying to rank “digital marketing agency” for his homepage
- 02:53 – Their rank is now between 4 and 7
- 03:00 – Eric’s percentage traffic from Google is 30% of their overall search traffic
- 03:38 – Eric shares how he tweaks overall search traffic
- 04:02 – “Your homepage won’t bring the majority of your traffic”
- 04:06 – Neil focuses on conversions more than anything else
- 04:18 – For Eric, their homepage is the highest converting page because they’re a marketing agency
- 04:40 – Eric and Neil both drive traffic to their homepage and they try to generate leads from the homepage
- 05:00 – Feel free to duplicate what Eric and Neil are doing
- 05:10 – This week’s giveaway is a 1 year subscription to Alexa – an SEO tool that is now owned by Amazon
- 05:23 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:28 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Your homepage should be good for Google and your website visitors.
- Track the keywords that make you rank and use them to add more relevant sentences to your homepage.
- You can generate leads directly from your homepage.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: