In Episode #37 Eric and Neil discuss the value of a good infographic. Neil has seen more traffic and backlinks from infographics than from anything else. Learn how you can create an all-star graphic that drives up traffic on your site.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:24 – What goes into creating a viral infographic
- 00:40 – Links effect Google rankings
- 00:53 – Take complex info and make it visual, and people will link to it.
- 01:15 – Your rankings will skyrocket
- 01:30 – For Neil, backlinks and traffic have come mostly from infographics.
- 02:00 – There are a lot of crappy infographics.
- 02:10 – Start at Visual.ly to see examples of good infographics.
- 02:40 – Pull out elements that work in those designs.
- 02:50 – Dribbble is another resource to contact designers.
- 03:17 – The first step is to get good data.
- 03:28 – Get a researcher off of Upwork to collect and outlined data.
- 03:45 – Don’t have more than six main points.
- 04:05 – Flow these points into a story.
- 04:25 – Publish the blog and get an embed code generator so that people can share your graphic.
- 05:00 – You need to go to Buzzsumo to find a good topic.
- 05:25 – Upwork is a great way to keep your costs low.
- 06:08 – Their friend uses 99designs for his infographics.
- 06:30 – How did your infographic go viral?
- 06:45 – Find data from other sources.
- 07:00 – See who shared that original data on Ahrefs.
- 07:20 – Email those people to ask them to share your infographic.
- 07:52 – Reach out to people that linked to the original article.
- 08:40 – Think about repurposing your infographics
- 09:00 – It makes it worth the time and money.
- 09:38 – That’s the end of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t make crappy infographics.
- Contact people who shared the original source of your graphic, and invite them to share your design.
- If you use infographics effectively, your site’s rankings will skyrocket.
- Visual.ly and Dribbble – See examples of good design
- Upwork – Hire researchers and designers
- Buzzsumo – Find a good topic for your infographic
- 99designs – Another tool to hire designers and get inspiration
- Ahrefs – See who’s sharing certain articles and posts
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: