Jan 18, 2019
In episode #901, we discuss how
to control Page 1 of Google’s search results. Tune in to hear how
you can dominate.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Control Page 1 of Google
(Not Just Rank #1)
- [00:38] Why not rank #1
- [00:52] Neil’s stamp occupies
both Quicksprout and Neilpatel.com, so he has twice the authority in the
- [01:10] Ranking 0 means you can
occupy the answer box.
- [01:32] A lot of this comes
down to title tags. Google looks at who is generating
- [02:00] Use Clickflow to check your pages and run A/B
- [02:15] Don’t duplicate your
content. It can be similar, but not the same.
- [02:33] This will also help
- [02:52] 8 out 10 will read your
headline, only 2 out of 10 will click through and read the
- [03:05] If you don’t want to
spend money on Google Ads, you can remarket for search
- [04:04] Consider creating
- [04:15] This includes social
profiles and guest-posting.
- [04:30] Buffer grew through guest-posts.
- [05:22] Having a few competing
sites is a lot of work/upkeep.
- [05:32] Remember to update your
- [06:00] Use Ahrefs Link Intersect, as this will show you everyone who links to
your competitors, but not your site.
- [06:15] That’s it for
- [06:23] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million
downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us
know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: