Dec 5, 2016
In Episode #127, Neil and Eric talk about the different ways you
can combine your content marketing with paid advertising. Listen as
they list down pros and cons for different Facebook ads, and the
difference between Facebook, LinkedIn, Google and Twitter ad
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Combine Content Marketing
with Paid Advertising
- 00:45 – Neil’s favorite strategy is using Facebook fans’
- 01:21 – When you drive paid clicks and you stop paying, you’re
not going to get anymore
- 02:04 – The goal is to have the least amount of fans that
create the most amount of engagement
- 02:30 – “Boost Post” button to Facebook works
- 03:33 – Look at your Facebook insights
- 03:51 – Make sure you have a content upgrade – you can use
- 04:54 – Spend what you need to get the right campaign/headline
that results in the most “shares”, “posts”, “likes”, etc.
- 05:25 – Eric promotes the page post engagements
- 06:31 – Think about the channel before investing in paid
- 07:22 – LinkedIn traffic’s conversion rates are 50-60%
- 08:14 – Gmail ads also works –
check out Growth Everywhere’s post
- 08:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Combining paid advertising and content marketing IS possible
- Build a following instead of just driving paid clicks.
- Spend money not for “likes” but to get the right campaign.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.