Oct 28, 2020
In episode #1544, we discuss the value of building a defensible
moat around your income. People like Warren Buffett and Charlie
Munger like to invest in businesses with a moat for a good reason –
they don’t fall as easily when things go awry. Tune in to hear
examples of the kind of moats you can build around your income and
business to shield yourself from uncertainty.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Build A
Defensible Moat Around Your Income.
- [00:35] What we talk about when we refer to
businesses that have a moat.
- [00:58] Examples of what a moat in your
business can be.
- [01:19] Over the years, moats have become
harder to build but brands still seem to work.
- [01:41] Brands take a long time to build and
you have to offer a quality product.
- [02:21] Get people to interact with your brand
seven times by going omnichannel.
- [03:00] The importance of diversifying your
income to protect yourself and how to do it.
- [04:00] Survey and ask your audience what they
need and expand by offering the solution.
- [04:21] Building multiple income streams and
making it defensible takes time – so be patient.
- [04:56] A list of things you can do to create
- [05:37] That’s it for today!
- [05:39] To stay updated with events and learn
more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call
us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know
in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a
Connect with Us: