Oct 25, 2018
In episode #816, Eric and Neil
discuss how to build a 6 figure software business in under a year.
Tune in to hear the secrets to their successes.
Eric and Neil have committed to
throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once
Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take
action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How to Build a 6 Figure
Software Business in 10 Months
- [00:36] Eric has created a
software company called ClickFlow. Clickflow takes Google Search Console data
and will then tell you how many people are clicking on your
- [01:05] Clickflow helps you A/B
test your title tag in order to get the max amount of
- [01:20] Clickflow is a
subscription service that charges monthly or annually.
- [01:27] They are now making six
figures in less than ten months.
- [2:00] Eric didn’t have a
built-in audience to leverage. He achieved his goals with hard
- [02:20] He did a lot of cold
- [02:30] He emailed people with
the subject line, “Feedback”.
- [02:45] He targeted websites he
thought would be a good fit and had good rankings.
- [03:02] People actually
responded and bought the software off the cold email
- [03:50] He did hit a small
segment of his email list (300 or so) and sent a couple lines in an
email and managed to pre-sell $10,000 for the tool.
- [04:20] He used that money to
help build the tool.
- [05:15] Eric met one of the
Co-Founders of ClickFunnels.
- [05:31] Russell Brunson and
Grant Cardone’s TedX talk serves as a webinar.
- [05:47] They also offered
software and courses for free or little money.
- [06:00] Bundling the offer
makes everything more valuable.
- [06:10] Eric bundled his
software and some courses and this allowed the company to make some
cash up front.
- [06:50] It’s all about
targeting the right audience.
- [07:04] Clickflow has a
lower-level price to start.
- [07:20] The majority of their
revenue comes from the larger accounts. The smaller accounts churn,
because they don’t get that much value from the
- [07:50] Large companies like
doing annual plans.
- [08:15] Eric landed some large
companies through cold outreach.
- [08:22] They use a tool
called Outreach, which automates your outreach.
- [09:05] If you use
Datanyze, you put in search parameters.
- [09:25] LinkedHelper or Hunter will help you scrape private email addresses
- [09:55] Load the emails into
Outreach and set up an email sequence.
- [10:50] You don’t need a
built-in audience, you just need to do outreach.
- [11:20] That’s all for
- [11:37] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live
event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: