Jun 30, 2017
In Episode #334, Eric and Neil discuss how to be top of mind.
Tune in to learn how Eric and Neil became top of mind with the
content they put out there. They give you all their strategies that
will increase your following and resulting views so that you, too,
can be top of mind in your industry!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Be Top Of Mind
- 00:35 – Eric’s friends, John Hall of Influence & Co, just
released a book called Top
- 00:45 – The content that Neil is creating is putting him at the
top of mind
- 01:00 – In marketing, Neil believes in the rule of 7
- 01:05 – It’s hard to be the best at everything but doing
something that is good enough and with quantity, it is much more
- 01:27 – Everyone has a different playbook
- 01:29 – Neil’s friend, Brian Dean from
Backlinko, creates blog posts
that he doesn’t write as frequently as Neil
- 01:36 – Brian’s blog posts gets more views but Neil beats him
in quantity, resulting in Neil having more views
- 01:54 – Neil has daily videos and Brian has his once a month or
once a week
- 02:02 – Brian’s videos have higher quality than Neil’s but Neil
has more videos, so he will eventually get more traffic
- 02:12 – It makes Neil top of mind for viewers and an industry
- 02:22 – If you don’t have a big team, but want to be top of
mind, do what Brian is doing
- 02:47 – Moz’s blog spot and
content is much better than HubSpot's, but HubSpot gets more
traffic from Google because of their volume
- 03:07 – Eric and Neil are getting messages from people who have
seen them in different channels, making them top of mind
- 04:15 – To be top of mind, you have to do things consistently,
longer, and with quantity
- 04:51 – “Go try and be top of mind”
- 04:55 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- It’s better to create something good enough and in large
quantities, rather than just 1 perfect piece of content.
- To be top of mind, do things in consistently, over a longer
time and in large quantities.
- Leverage on different channels so that people see you often and
consider you a leading voice on the subject.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.