Apr 2, 2017
In Episode #245, Eric and Neil discuss how to analyze your
competition in less than 10 minutes. Tune in to find out the tools
that Eric and Neil have tried and tested. They tell you exactly
what your competitors are doing—from their best keywords to their
top performing content. Learn what you need to so that you can stay
ahead of the game.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Analyze Your Competition in
Less Than 10 Minutes
- 00:35 – Neil suggests going to SEMrush to put in your competitor's
URL and see the keywords that are getting them traffic
- 00:49 – Take the URLs and run them on Ahrefs to see the number
- 00:54 – Go to the webpage to see the content
- 00:57 – Look at the pages that rank on Google using the key
- 01:07 – Then, go to your site to create content with more
- 01:23 – Use Adbeat for
- 01:29 – SpyFu is good for
- 01:33 – Built With helps
you know the technology your competitors are using
- 02:07 – Use WhatRunsWhere to show the
graphics and display of your competitors
- 02:18 – Go to your competitor's Facebook page and go to
BuzzSumo to see what worked for
- 02:44 – Check their lead share posts to see the content that
people like and don’t like
- 03:00 – Eric likes Ahrefs as it is similar to
- 03:21 – Go to the top pages section in Ahrefs
- 03:36 – Ahref’s gap analysis tool
- 03:58 – Ahref’s keyword difficulty tool
- 04:19 – Go to GrowthEverywhere.com/Ahrefs
to check it out
- 04:29 – Eric uses Screaming Frog to crawl a
- 05:00 – Check SimilarWeb, too
- 05:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Utilize the online tools that are already available and ready
your pockets for the paid ones.
- Knowing what your competitor is up helps you to stay at the top
of your game.
- Doing a full and well-studied analysis takes more than just 10
minutes, but you’ll get used to it in time.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.