Dec 7, 2016
In Episode #129, Neil and Eric discuss the ways you can amplify
your content. Listen to learn the tips and tactics you can use to
boost your viewership and get that traction you’ve been looking
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Amplify Your
- 00:35 – 20% of your time should be spent creating content and
80% marketing it
- 00:51 – Hand-to-hand combat – Hunter.io or LinkedIn will let you access emails
of people of whom you can ask to share your content
- 01:21 – Groove HQ’s CEO’s strategy was to get people to share
- 01:45 – Use hunter combined with every site you’re linking out
- 03:06 – Don’t focus on getting people to link back to you,
direct your focus towards getting people to share your content
- 03:22 – Send emails manually instead of using tools like
- 03:29 – Use HubSpot
to track how many email opens you’re getting
- 04:14 – Try paid advertising like Facebook Ads,
- 05:57 – Google and study the “Pinterest
Side Hustle Nation”
- 06:36 – Neil uses BoardBooster for Pinterest
- 07:20 – Eric shares how The Blog Millionaire and
Greatist use Pinterest to drive traffic to
- 08:13 – Don’t forget to promote to your social channels using
- 08:38 – Neil now blogs once a week unlike before where he
blogged 7 days/week
- 10:14 – Neil’s spendings on blog posts
- 11:18 – Try boosting your posts, too
- 11:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Reach out to people in the same niche—link to their work and
show your appreciation.
- Focus on getting people to SHARE your content.
- If budget is not an issue, try paid advertising to drive
traffic to your site.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.