Jan 29, 2018
In episode #547, Eric and Neil explain the best way to set and
achieve your goals. Tune in to hear the easiest way to make sure
your company succeeds.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Achieve Your Goals in
- [00:35] Eric recommends having a structure where you are
operating off the Scaling Up Methodology or the Traction
- [01:20] Work backwards from your goal to determine the steps to
- [02:00] The main reason people don’t achieve their goals, is
because they set their bar too high or their goal is too big.
- [02:30] Break your goal into smaller goals with small steps
(“bite-sized, daily tasks”).
The ONE Thing is a great resource to help you set your
- [04:26] IBM salespeople would crush quotas because their goals
were set really low.
- [04:57] Neil finds that when he achieves small tasks, he can
see how it will or won’t help him achieve his ultimate goal.
- [05:20] Better to waste a few hours than a whole month.
- [05:36] 15Five is a great
tool that Eric’s team likes to use. It helps you understand how you
are doing in terms of achieving your goal or goals.
- [06:41] Audit yourself every quarter!
- [07:22] To hit goals and succeed, you need to work with your
team and be aligned with each other’s goals.
- [08:54] That’s it for today!
- [08:56] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway
for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: