Dec 27, 2019
In episode #1244, we talk about
how Peloton lost a billion dollars in company valuation the day a
new advert for their bike came out! The ad caused a big stir with
claims of sexism and elitism and the share drop was very immediate.
Tune in to hear our thoughts on what the real cost of this was and
if it really hurt Peloton that badly!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How One
Ad Lost a Company a Billion Dollars.
- [00:34] A little about Peloton,
what the company produces and its reputation.
- [01:15] The content of the ad
in question and the story behind it.
- [02:12] The backlash against
the ad and the resulting drop in value for Peloton.
- [02:40] Neil's own experiences
buying his wife a Peloton!
- [03:40] Did this saga actually
hurt the company and how badly?
- [04:26] Good press, bad press
and neutral promotion.
- [06:08] Coming back from a
negative press cycle and using it to your advantage.
- [06:57] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: