Oct 3, 2018
In episode #794, Eric and Neil
discuss how Pepsi managed to defeat Coke in two ways. Tune in to
hear what you could learn from this soda giant.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How Pepsi Defeated Coke In Two
Battles (And What You Can Learn From It)
- [00:36] Coke is still the
biggest beverage company in the world and they have a larger
- [00:57] There is a book about
this topic possibly called Fizzled and a podcast called “Business Wars”.
- [01:10] Pepsi went out of
business a couple of
- [01:15] When Coke was ahead and
10 Cents a bottle, Pepsi said for 5 Cents, you get double the
amount of soda.
- [01:55] When you do something
price-wise like Pepsi did, it’s a great way to gobble up market
share and take over.
- [02:20] Uber and Lyft tried
similar techniques and helped the companies grow
- [02:55] Michael Jackson was hot
in the 1980’s.
- [03:10] Pepsi was losing market
share, so they paid Michael millions of dollars to do an
- [03:35] This one spokesperson
boosted their sales.
- [03:55] Freemium and free
trials are great ways to undercut your competitors and get more
- [04:45] Choose your
- [05:41] Pepsi tried to
replicate the Michael Jackson effect with Britney Spears and
Beyonce and it didn’t work.
- [06:07] That’s it for
- [06:12] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they
reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: