Apr 18, 2019
In episode #991, we discuss how
often you should scrub your email list. Tune in to hear how often
you need to purge the rolls!
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How Often Should You Scrub Your
- [00:40] Everyone believes you
need a huge email list.
- [00:45] If people don’t open
your emails, there is no point to having them on the
- [01:05] Opens and clicks are
the best way to gauge who is interested in your content, products,
- [01:33] Eric purges his email
list about once per month.
- [01:45] His team has a workflow
that sends people through a re-engagement campaign. If they don’t
open that email, they will be purged.
- [01:58] Mailchimp doesn’t like you scrub your rolls.
- [02:10] ConvertKit offers scrubbing automation.
- [02:30] Neil’s list gets
- [02:40] Make sure you send
emails at least once per week.
- [03:34] If Neil has a 31% open
rate, he’s in good shape.
- [03:55] If you have 15% or
less, you may be losing revenue.
- [04:35] If you keep sending
emails to those who don’t want them, eventually you will lose
- [04:55] This is because your
emails will get marked as spam.
- [05:05] That’s it for
- [05:32] We hit our goal of 1
Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los
Angeles this June. Check out this
website if you would
like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people,
so sign up now, if you’re interested!
DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: