Welcome to The Marketing School Podcast—your 10-minute resource to learn, grown, and nurture your passion for online marketing!
In Episode #63 Eric and Neil talk about the art of emailing your list. Listen as they talk about the frequency with which you should email your list, how you can better preserve the trust between you and your list, and why email-based sales promotions should be both tactful and scheduled.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s Topic: How often to email your list
- 00:47 – Make your audience look forward to the next email
- 00:56 – Put value in your emails
- 01:11 – Email audience as long as they’re engaged
- 01:18 – Don’t send emails to people without engagement
- 02:14 – Send emails based on how often people engage
- 02:23 – Drip
- 03:07 – Tell a consistent story
- 03:27 – Consider what you are emailing
- 04:13 – Build trust with you audience before sending sales stuff
- 04:27 – Have a ratio between value content and sales emails
3 Key Points:
- Each email should make your audience look forward to the next.
- You need to put value in each email.
- Trust between you and your audience needs to be established.
- Mailchimp – Another email system Neil mentioned
- Drip – Email system mentioned by Eric
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: