Jul 28, 2017
In Episode #362, Eric and Neil discuss how marketing can help
your sales team. These two teams have the tendency to be at odds
with each other when there is so much opportunity to benefit from
one another. In fact, when marketers are successful at their job,
it is easier for sales to close a deal as that brand awareness is
already top of mind. Tune-in to learn how marketing helps your
sales teams and why teamwork is always the way to success.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How Marketing Can Help Your Sales
- 00:43 – The more people that see your brand, the more your
sales team can close a deal
- 00:58 – Neil does marketing case studies that focus on content
marketing and press
- 01:28 – When Eric hears “I see your stuff everywhere,” that’s
when he knows the marketing is working
- 01:46 – People can get to know you more on an intimate level
from videos or podcasts
- 02:48 – A sales team isn’t as data driven as is the marketing
- 02:59 – Marketing teams should use tools that will help the
sales team understand what needs to be done
- 03:36 – Hubspot has tools
for marketing and sales teams
- 03:55 – The worst thing you could do is participate in the
- 04:12 – Sales and marketing teams should work together
- 04:38 – Look at the data and don’t focus on the complaints from
- 05:07 – Make sure you’re tracking your numbers
- 05:15 – Marketing
School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which will help you see
people’s behavior on your website
- 06:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The more people see your brand, the easier it is for the sales
team to close a deal.
- Marketing should work closely with their sales team—planning
hand-in-hand and helping with each other’s weaknesses.
- Stay data driven; this will inform each and every step you make
for your business.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.