Dec 17, 2016
In Episode #139, Eric and Neil talk about how you can create a
culture of testing for your business. How important is testing for
your business and product? Listen as Eric and Neil discuss from
their experiences the benefits of continual testing, the tools you
can use to help you, and why teamwork plays a huge role in creating
this culture of testing that makes your business better.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create a Culture of
- 00:32 – Most companies have no real process for testing their
- 00:44 – You have to create a testing process
- 01:00 – Have at least a project management tool like MS Excel, Trello or GrowthHackers
- 01:53 – Check out
Sean Ellis’ videos online
- 02:04 – Group people from different departments into teams so
you can test the product internally
- 03:01 – Let members submit their ideas on how they can grow the
- 04:09 – Experimenting is only a failure if you have no
hypothesis—but, if you learn something, it’s a success
- 04:54 – Check out Amazon’s Two Pizza
- 05:39 – Create dashboards for your departments that show stats
and data from tests that are continually happening with your
- 06:45 – Test at least once per week
- 07:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Start building a culture of testing by creating a process
within your company.
- Involve your employees in the process and create an atmosphere
that allows them to share their ideas.
- Think about your hypothesis BEFORE you run an experiment to get
the most out of the process.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.