Nov 13, 2018
In episode #835, we discuss how
the Google Search Console can help you avoid a penalty. Tune in to
hear how GSC can help you.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How Google Search Console Can
Help You Avoid a Penalty
- [00:35] Most people have a drop
in traffic at some point.
- [00:50] Large drops indicate a
penalty, otherwise, it’s normal.
- [01:03] GSC tells you when you have errors; you will
- [01:20] Don’t wait for your
traffic to drop, check which the traffic status of your pages on a
- [01:45] Compare the content of
top ten ranked sites with yours.
- [02:18] Check the Search
Analytics section on GSC, make sure you click CTR, Impressions, and
- [02:50] Then go to the “Pages”
- [03:00] Look for pages with a
high impression count and low click-through rate.
- [03:15] This means you don’t
have a good enough title or meta-description.
- [03:30] Low for B2B is below 1%
- [03:50] When optimizing title
tags, click through to individual pages and click the “queries
radio” button. This will show keywords and data.
- [04:44] Check to see where you
are having page speed issues, as well.
- [04:57] Look at GSC once per
- [05:10] Build that into your
- [05:33] SEO is no longer about
building links and optimizing code, it’s about optimizing the user
- [05:39] That’s it for
- [05:44] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million
downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: