Jun 13, 2018
In episode #682, Eric and Neil
discuss GDPR. Tune in to hear how you can become GDPR
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
How GDPR Affect Your Marketing
- [00:52] This is something the
EU came out with two years ago. As of May 25th 2018, this is
something that anyone who does business with the EU will have to
put into effect.
- [01:50] You have to be really
transparent with your data collection.
- [02:05] It’s all about
- [02:38] You also need a system
in place that allows people to wipe their information from your
- [02:50] If you aren’t working
with or in the EU, you don’t have to worry about GDPR.
- [03:33] Neil’s site has an
opt-in tick box for anyone in the EU.
- [03:58] The penalty for
violating GDPR is €20 Million or 4% of the year’s
- [04:38] You can’t auto-tick
- [04:55] Eric found his
conversions rates got better, even though he couldn’t auto-opt-in
- [06:00] Neil tested his
conversions and has not seen any changes by implementing
- [06:33] They decided to
implement these rules universally.
- [07:12] Look at your privacy
policy and terms of service to see if they align with GDPR
- [07:18] Disclaimer template has lawyers that can look over your business
and figure out if your are GDPR compliant.
- [07:54] If you want a good
example of a business that is trying to be GDPR compliant, check
- [08:24] If you’re within the
US, check out Privacy Shield.
- [08:40] That’s all for
- [08:42] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: