May 21, 2019
In episode #1024, we discuss how
brands capitalized on a Marvel blockbuster. Tune in to hear how
they did it.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the
details on this
website if you would
like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people,
so sign up now, if you’re interested!
DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How
Fortnite & Audi Capitalized On A Marvel Blockbuster
- [00:50] Avengers had the
largest opening box office ever.
- [01:30] Fortnite used native
advertising for Avengers.
- [02:21] Audi has had their cars
in almost every Marvel film.
- [02:40] In Endgame, an Audi is
- [03:30] Product placement and
branding is just another smart way to cut a deal.
- [03:45] Beats by Dre got every
celebrity to wear their product.
- [03:58] Converse paid Will
Smith to wear their sneakers in “I Am Legend”.
- [04:40] People want to be like
their heroes, so native advertising makes sense.
- [06:10] If Captain America had
a Nike logo on his shield, people would want to buy Nike
- [06:20] That’s it for
- [06:24] We are almost at
capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check
out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: