Nov 26, 2019
In episode #1213, we discuss how
Eric prevented his SEO traffic from dropping drastically. Failing
to redirect correctly when redesigning and assuming that your
developer knows the ropes are two big mistakes you should avoid.
Tune in to hear which tools Eric used to prevent a traffic
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Eric
Siu Saved His SEO Traffic from Tanking.
- [00:53] What went wrong: not
giving the developer a checklist when the site was
- [01:15] Going ahead with the
redesign without having the correct redirects in
- [01:44] Using Google Search
Console to help point out issues with your site.
- [01:54] Using monitoring tools
such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, and SEO Spider.
- [02:20] What happened once 404
issues were fixed.
- [02:32] Ensuring that you don’t
lose traffic by breaking the URL structure.
- [03:49] Increasing the mobile
site speed and maintaining the desktop speed.
- [05:00] Why you don’t have to
be perfect everywhere.
- [05:44] Avoid making the same
mistake by actively monitoring redirects and hiring
- [06:16] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: