Nov 18, 2019
In episode #1205, we share the
best things you can learn from Constellation Software. Through
strategic acquisitions and looking for markets with a big total
addressable market (TAM), they’ve managed to skyrocket to success.
Tune in to hear more about the founder Mark Leonard and how they
leverage the Berkshire Hathaway model.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You
Can Learn from a $20 Billion Company.
- [00:32] Constellation Software:
where they are based, their market cap, and company
- [00:56] How they are unique and
what they do with other software businesses they
- [01:52] Their model of simply
maintaining the current revenue.
- [02:07] They type of companies
they seem to be interested in buying and their
- [02:43] How they’re making
money from companies that are under the radar.
- [03:13] You don’t have to do
something well known to make money.
- [03:36] Looking for markets
that have a big total addressable market
- [03:52] The mistake of going
after businesses that are in niches.
- [04:23] Why you don’t need a
lot of press — just look at Mark Leonard.
- [04:37] Why Constellation
follows the Berkshire Hathaway model.
- [05:20] That’s it for
- [05:48] To stay updated with
events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the
Marketing School site
for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with Us: