Mar 31, 2018
In episode #608, Eric and Neil
discuss what you should do in light of the fact that email
marketing is dying. Tune in to hear what avenues you should pursue
to mitigate the loss of traffic through email marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
Email Marketing Is Dying (and
Here's What You Should Do Next)
- [00:34] Everyone thinks no one
uses email anymore, which is a false assumption, especially if you
work in the corporate world.
- [00:55] Although email
marketing is dying, that is only for the younger
- [01:15] Email isn’t as
effective as it used to be, but as long as you leverage all the
other channels, you can still do well.
- [01:40] Combine emails, push
notifications, and chat bots; you will get back some of the traffic
you lost through email marketing.
- [02:00] Neil spoke to someone
who works in Dubai and he still makes all his money through email
marketing to an older audience.
- [02:21] Eric loves to
use Subscribers.com, Many
Chat, and text messaging
to market to a younger audience.
- [02:58] Sly
Broadcast is a great
tool that Eric loves.
- [03:18] This tool will allow
you to drop a voicemail into someone’s inbox without having the
- [03:40] Cut the fat on the
tools, though. Too many tools spreads your focus too
- [04:25] Neil’s team uses fewer
than 10 tools internally.
- [04:32] They use
Skype, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, AHREFS, SEMRush, Subscribers, Hello
Bar, Hubspot, and possibly one or two more at the
- [05:00] Don’t go beyond ten
tools, because it is overwhelming.
- [05:15] If you want to do well
and remain actionable, using too many tools will prevent
- [05:30] That’s it for
- [05:32] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: