Oct 22, 2018
In episode #813, Eric and Neil
discuss conferences and their value for small businesses. Tune in
to hear how you could actually lose money attending unless you heed their
Eric and Neil have committed to
throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once
Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take
action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Conferences Will Lose You Money Unless You Do
- [00:35] Most people attend the
- [00:55] There are conferences
where people are paying $20,000 to attend.
- [01:10] Even if you get paid to
speak, doesn’t mean you're going to generate an ROI.
- [01:14] The audience may not be
the right fit for your company.
- [01:54] If you’re at a
conference with lower-level people, they might not be able to close
deals with you, as they aren’t decision makers.
- [02:30] If you are an
introvert, you have to bring the party to you: throw a dinner and
interact with a smaller group of people.
- [02:51] This is a good way to
control some of the outcome.
- [03:30] Focus on the smaller
events, as it’s much easier to close a deal.
- [03:46] Get cards, get info,
and follow up.
- [04:33] Don’t be tacky, throw
the dinner just to meet people and make connections. Don’t go for
the hard sell.
- [04:54] That’s it for
- [04:59] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live
event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: