Sep 23, 2020
In this special episode of Marketing School we speak to the
'traffic guy', John Parkes, who is CMO of ClickFunnels! At
Marketing School we are big fans of the company and their amazing
co-founder, Russel Brunson, and today we get to further expand our
understanding of this incredible and inspirational company with
John! The conversation covers their magic sauce, John's thoughts on
how to improve and move up in a company, the strategies that have
been working well at ClickFunnels recently, and how you can go
about building your own community, just like they have! Tune in to
hear it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Embracing the World of
Paid Traffic with John Parkes.
- [01:24] John's background and how he ended up
in his current role.
- [02:21] The steps that led to John getting
into the world of traffic.
- [03:10] ClickFunnel's revenue numbers and the
effect of the pandemic.
- [03:39] The free trial and array of resources
you can find on the ClickFunnels website.
- [04:11] New strategies that John and his team
are trying out currently.
- [05:54] Which of Russel Brunson's three books
to start with!
- [06:24] Understanding the idea of the 'front
end' and how ClickFunnels use the term.
- [07:29] The tools and frameworks that keep
things rolling at ClickFunnels.
- [09:22] The challenge funnels that John and
his team are currently offering clients.
- [12:15] Projects that ClickFunnel experiment
with — some work and some do not!
- [13:51] Recent steps that the company has
taken to up-sell their customers.
- [15:00] The collection of courses at
ClickFunnels and how much it has grown.
- [15:51] John's 'set it and forget it' formula
for retargeting ads on Facebook.
- [18:43] The little hack that John has recently
implemented for Facebook ads!
- [19:54] Methods for recycling older ads that
were successful in the past.
- [20:57] The components of the operating system
of the ClickFunnels marketing team!
- [23:35] Important parts of the marketing stack
at the company.
- [25:56] The two biggest lessons that John has
learned on his journey with traffic.
- [28:47] Exploring the ClickFunnels community
and the conference they hold.
- [30:50] John's recommendations for building
your own community.
- [31:35] Why John loves Voxer; starting direct,
- [34:45] Resources and people that John follows
to up his marketing game.
- [35:12] John's best marketing book
- [35:48] Exciting news about the Build Your
Brand Challenge at ClickFunnels!
- [36:36] How to find and connect with John
online and his tip for a challenge to start with.
- [37:10] To stay updated with events and learn
more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call
us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
John Parkes on Instagram
One Funnel Away Challenge
Leveling Up Podcast
Funnel Hacking Live
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know
in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a
Connect with Us: