Sep 5, 2016
In Episode #36 Eric and Neil talk about why you should create
blog posts, and what the best process is to do it. Learn the tricks
of the pros, and find out what resources are available to you to
make your blog writing not only entertaining or educational but
actually capable of converting customers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:24 – How to write amazing blog posts
- 00:35 – Educate and provide great information, and people will
see you as an expert.
- 00:55 – People will share you and refer friends to you.
- 01:15 – The number one way they generate sign-ups for multiple
- 01:20 – Thomas
- 01:55 – The effects of content marketing over time
- 02:05 – It’s like compounding interest.
- 02:34 – You need one thing that stands out.
- 02:45 – Long-form blog posts backed by data.
- 03:04 – Not just content for content’s sake.
- 03:15 – Show something unique and useful.
- 03:29 – eHow is a great example of what you shouldn’t do.
- 04:12 – WaitButWhy.com
- 04:25 – Humor and long-form articles with stick figures
- 04:50 – Updating sites over time
- 05:26 – Write in a conversational tone.
- 06:18 – Engaging the audience and then going into your
- 06:45 – The intro, body, and conclusion
- 07:20 – End your blog post with a question.
- 07:45 – Don’t forget your conclusion! People will ready your
- 08:20 – WP
blog checklists on WordPress
- 08:54 – Design Pickle
for unlimited new images
- 09:13 – Stock
Unlimited for stock images
- 09:30 – Hemingwayapp.com
- 10:04 – Learn how to educate and convert customers.
- 10:28 – Create an actual process.
- 10:42 – That’s the end of this episode!
3 Key Points:
- Content marketing will have a compounding effect on your
- Structure your article with an intro, body and conclusion.
- Use a conversational tone and be unique.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.