Oct 18, 2018
In episode #809, Eric and Neil
discuss whether all links are created equal. Tune in to see if you
are linking to the right sources.
Eric and Neil have committed to
throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once
Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take
action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Are All
Links Created Equal?
- [00:50] Think about it from an
algorithmic perspective. Would you treat every link the
- [01:05] No, because not all
links are equal.
- [01:30] People used to think
you needed the highest domain authority links out there, but that
is a Moz metric, not a Google metric. Google doesn’t
consider domain authority.
- [02:00] Instead of going for
domain authority, go for the most relevant link.
- [02:30] Getting contextual
links these days is the most effective method.
- [03:15] Don’t just link to one
website. There will be diminishing returns.
- [03:33] You also want the link
to be rich in anchor text.
- [04:25] Neil spends more money
on this than most people, which he admits is a way to
- [04:40] Think logically: if it
makes sense, if you link to different sources, you will rank
- [05:02] Build relationships
with different sources.
- [05:20] That’s it for
- [05:24] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live
event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: