Oct 14, 2018
In episode #805, Eric and Neil
break down a step-by-step guide to writing earth-shattering blog
posts. Tune in to hear what steps you should take to up your
Eric and Neil have committed to
throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once
Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take
action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing
a Earth Shattering Blog Post
- [00:36] Earth shattering is
something you want to link to, share, or tell your mom
- [01:00] Step 1: Format your
blog post as Intro, Body, Conclusion.
- [01:20] End your blog post with
a question to get more comments and engagement.
- [01:36] Step 2: Bucket
- [02:20] Step 3: Every single
claim needs to have cited sources.
- [02:48] Step 4: Use images and
Optin Monster created a
plug-in called YouTube Subscribe.
- [03:36] This helps you embed
- [03:49] Amazon Polly will also help you from an SEO
- [04:05] Step 5: Make sure your
headline will knock people’s socks off. Keep it short. Seven words
is a nice length, on average.
- [04:40] It shouldn’t be too
long, but also needs to be descriptive.
- [04:50] Get ideas from
- [05:25] Having compelling
arguments will set you apart,
- [05:40] Step 6: Have someone
proofread your content.
- [05:55] Step 7: Promote your
- [06:07] Find people that have
mentioned or linked to similar content using BuzzSumo.
- [06:25] Reach out and build a
relationship, so you can share links to each other’s
- [07:41] That’s it for
- [07:45] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1
Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live
event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: