Sep 28, 2020
In episode #1516, we talk about how the LeBron James basketball
card that sold for 1.8 million dollars applies to marketing. Right
now we are seeing a resurgence in card collecting trends and much
of it comes down to nostalgia, scarcity, and subjective tastes
around art. Many of these same feelings can be tapped into using
marketing so tune in to hear how.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How A LeBron James
Basketball Card Sold for 1.8 Million Dollars and How it Applies to
- [00:47] There is a resurgence in basketball
and Pokemon cards at the moment.
- [01:18] If more people talk about something,
prices for it will rise.
- [01:32] Cards can be thought about as art,
which people pay insane prices for.
- [02:10] Understanding the scarcity mentality
and how scarce things fetch high prices.
- [02:51] How to capitalize on the card trend
with blog posts and card selling.
- [02:50] Beware that rapid rises in value also
come with rapid decreases.
- [03:14] Increasing the value of your product
or service by getting influencers on board.
- [04:00] Remembering trends are subjective and
how to capitalize on them.
- [04:27] The rise in SEO versus social media
- [04:42] That’s it for today!
- [04:43] To stay updated with events and learn
more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call
us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Kobe Bryant on Instagram
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know
in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a
Connect with Us: