Feb 12, 2017
In Episode #196, Eric and Neil discuss the 7-point content
promotion checklist. Many people focus too much of their energy on
the creating side of content, when really, their energy needs to be
spent on promoting it. Tune in to see whether you’re hitting these
7 strategies that help in promoting your content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7-Point Content Promotion
- 00:35 – 20% of your time should be spent creating the content
and the 80% should be spent promoting it
- 00:59 – 1: Hit your social media channels
- 01:36 – 2: Think of websites you can link to
- 02:09 – 3: The paid channels can boost your post for only
- 03:30 – 4: Look for who shares similar content
- 03:54 – Send them an email asking if they’d be willing to share
- 04:23 – 5: Make sure you’re repurposing the content
- 04:58 – 6: Make your headline appealing
- 05:05 – Test your headline ideas on your friends or people in
- 05:30 – 7: Continue to build and push out your email list
- 06:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Spend the majority of your time promoting the content you’ve
written—this is especially important if you’re starting out.
- Boost your social media channels and leverage it.
- A good headline attracts traffic, so make it appealing and
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.