In Episode #7 Eric and Neil talk about why you need a blog in today’s age. Blogging is a free marketing tool, but it takes certain tactics and skills to be successful at it.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Why do you need a blog today? – “Best way to get free visitors to your website.”
- 01:10 – “This will help you generate more leads.”
- 02:10 – Blogs generate as much traffic as paid advertising
- 02:45 – Facebook’s fan pages
- 03:15 – What are some tactics to starting a successful blog? – Consistency
- 03:30 – A long-term journey
- 04:00 – Having patience
- 04:35 – Traffic changes when blogs stop
- 04:50 – Corporate blogs
- 05:10 – A conversational tone
- 05:45 – Your headline
- 06:45 – Your headline drives readers
- 07:00 – It must match your content
- 07:10 – “Make sure your content is relevant.”
- 08:15 -- Repurposing your content
- 08:30 – Audio versions and YouTube
- 09:10 – Touching a different audience
- 09:30 – Is blogging right for you?
- 10:00 – jobs.problogger.net
- 10:20 – Promotion of your content
- 11:40 – The importance of promotion when you’re starting out
- 12:20 – HubSpot statistics
- 13:00 – Subscribe to this podcast and leave a rating and review!
3 Key Points:
- Blogging is a free marketing tool to drive traffic to your business.
- With the right tactics, you can produce a successful blog.
- There are proven statistics behind blogging which prove that blogs drive traffic and ultimately revenue.
- Kissmetrics – The company focuses on relevant content
- Copy Blogger’s post – Helpful insights for good blog headlines
- jobs.problogger.net – A great resource to hire a blogger
- Ahrefs.com – A tool to help you track the success of your blog
- Buzzsumo.com – Neil’s tool to find out what topics are trending in his industry
- HubSpot – A resource to help you see the statistics behind successful blogs
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: