Aug 5, 2016
In Episode #7 Eric and Neil talk
about why you need a blog in today’s age. Blogging is a free
marketing tool, but it takes certain tactics and skills to be
successful at it.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
– Why do you need a blog today? – “Best way to get free visitors to
– “This will help you generate more leads.”
– Blogs generate as much traffic as paid advertising
– Facebook’s fan pages
– What are some tactics to starting a successful blog? –
– A long-term journey
– Having patience
– Traffic changes when blogs stop
– Corporate blogs
– A conversational tone
– Your headline
– Your headline drives readers
– It must match your content
– “Make sure your content is relevant.”
-- Repurposing your content
– Audio versions and YouTube
– Touching a different audience
– Is blogging right for you?
– Promotion of your content
– The importance of promotion when you’re starting out
– HubSpot statistics
– Subscribe to this podcast and leave a rating and
3 Key Points:
- Blogging is a free marketing tool to drive
traffic to your business.
the right tactics, you can produce a successful blog.
are proven statistics behind blogging which prove that blogs drive
traffic and ultimately revenue.
- Kissmetrics – The company focuses on relevant
- Copy Blogger’s post – Helpful insights for good blog
- jobs.problogger.net – A great resource to hire a
- Ahrefs.com – A tool to help you track the success of your
- Buzzsumo.com – Neil’s tool to find out what topics are
trending in his industry
- HubSpot – A resource to help you see the statistics
behind successful blogs
Leave some feedback:
- What should
we talk about next? Please let us know in
the comments below.
- Did you
enjoy this episode? If so, please leave
a short review.