In Episode #242, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 ways to make money from your first blog. Tune in to find out the value of partnering with others, how to find and create the right services and products for your audience, and other methods that have been tested and proven by Eric and Neil.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Ways to Make Money from Your First Blog
- 00:33 – When you already have an audience, put up an affiliate offer
- 01:12 – Second, think about partner deals
- 01:22 – Neil shares an example of a deal he can make with Eric
- 01:40 – It is more “high end”
- 02:02 – Third is advertising, but make sure the numbers work for you
- 03:01 – Podcasting advertising is a bit better
- 03:12 – Fourth is product reservices
- 03:19 – As your blog collects emails, you can pitch them some services or products
- 03:50 – Fifth, consulting can also drive money to your blog
- 04:43 – Neil shares what he learned from doing his first vlog
- 04:50 – Try unique blog sponsorship
- 05:01 – Instead of receiving cash, you can get stuff for free
- 05:19 – Lastly, create tools
- 05:30 – If you have an audience, make a tool tailored towards them
- 05:42 – Use SurveyMonkey to ask them for feedback regarding the tools they need
- 05:53 – Go to CodePen to hire someone who can create the tool for you
- 06:06 – You can charge recurring fees from the tools you put out there
- 06:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Consider your audience – know their needs and desires.
- Sponsorship comes in all forms – not just cash.
- Create a great partnership with other bloggers to grow your network and traffic.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: