Mar 30, 2017
In Episode #242, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 ways to make money
from your first blog. Tune in to find out the value of partnering
with others, how to find and create the right services and products
for your audience, and other methods that have been tested and
proven by Eric and Neil.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Ways to Make Money from Your First
- 00:33 – When you already have an audience, put up an affiliate
- 01:12 – Second, think about partner deals
- 01:22 – Neil shares an example of a deal he can make with
- 01:40 – It is more “high end”
- 02:02 – Third is advertising, but make sure the numbers work
- 03:01 – Podcasting advertising is a bit better
- 03:12 – Fourth is product reservices
- 03:19 – As your blog collects emails, you can pitch them some
services or products
- 03:50 – Fifth, consulting can also drive money to your blog
- 04:43 – Neil shares what he learned from doing his first vlog
- 04:50 – Try unique blog sponsorship
- 05:01 – Instead of receiving cash, you can get stuff for
- 05:19 – Lastly, create tools
- 05:30 – If you have an audience, make a tool tailored towards
- 05:42 – Use SurveyMonkey to ask them for
feedback regarding the tools they need
- 05:53 – Go to CodePen to hire
someone who can create the tool for you
- 06:06 – You can charge recurring fees from the tools you put
- 06:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Consider your audience – know their needs and desires.
- Sponsorship comes in all forms – not just cash.
- Create a great partnership with other bloggers to grow your
network and traffic.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.