Jul 2, 2017
In Episode #336, Eric and Neil discuss 7 tools to help you
promote your content. Tune in to learn these standout, effective
tools that can elevate your content promotion. You’ll also find out
why contacting those who follow your competitors can help you boost
your own content promotion.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Tools to Help You Promote Your
- 00:46 – First is to use Facebook ads
which has the boost post button
- 01:20 – Second is to use BuzzSumo where you can type in different
keywords that relate to your article
- 01:27 – Click view shares and you’ll see the people who tweeted
them, then email those people to promote yours
- 01:42 – Third is Meet
Edgar which allows you to setup an automated queue of content
in different channels
- 02:08 – Fourth is Ahrefs which will helps
you find who’s linking your competitor’s content and you can
message them to promote yours as well
- 02:29 – It doesn’t track traffic right away, but it will
- 02:25 – Fifth is IFTTT or If
This Then That or Zapier that
automates certain workflows
- 03:14 – Sixth is going after broken links and using a broken
- 03:36 – See who’s linking to the broken links and that has
similar content to yours—and email them
- 04:11 – Last is Sniply which
allows you to enhance every link that you share
- 04:50 – the link can be a link to a lead magnet
- 05:00 – Contact Eric and Neil for any tools you find valuable
to the listeners of Marketing
- 05:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Go directly to those people who share your competitor’s links;
it may take time, but it works.
- Create a smooth workflow so you can maximize content promotion
with your team.
- Different channels are now updating to cater to content
promotion and this makes it easier to cross-post.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.